2013年1月23日 星期三

The Complete Machine - Bruder CAT Excavator RC Conversion


 
It took me almost 5 months of spare time to complete the conversion; most of the times were spent to search the internet for different solutions, ordering the parts and waiting for the shipment.  I reckoned that I have spent only 1/3 of the time actually doing the conversion.
 
After completing the conversion, I feel satisfactory and lost.  The conversion was followed in what I planned and designed.  There were some hiccups including the lost shipment of the mini slip ring and wrong order of some components.  I feel lost because I need to find another project to do, in addition to cycling. 
 
The Model   US$52.00
The Travel System   US$72.00
The Slewing Turntable    US$46.00
The Cylinders     US$85.70
The RC System US$54.98
 
Total Costs   US$310.68 + shipping
 
As I could not find any suppliers of above materials and parts in my country, I had to order all of them in the net, primarily from on-line shops in US (Robot Market Place).  The shipping cost is expensive and I reckon it was about 30 – 40% of the costs, approximately US$100.  In addition, I needed to order some materials or components as a pack even-though I used only a few pieces of them. 
 
I made an estimate that I have spent almost US$500 on this project.  I might save some shipping cost if I ordered the parts and materials one order.  To order most of the above-listed parts and materials, I would recommend Robot Market Place (http://www.robotmarketplace.com).  They provided very good service and prompt delivery.

I later found out that there are similar micro geared motors and mini slip rings available in China at a fraction of the cost.  I presume that they are coming from the same manufacturer.  I am seraching in the internet for more supplies and believe that I can reduce the total costs by as much as 25 - 50%.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言